Is there a way to set the login screen time to 12 hour format, or even have it list the full date with it? Mine is stuck on 24 hour format, even though on the desktop and screensaver it is 12 hour format.
A quick search in the Linux Mint forum (where 95% of Cinnamon users dwell) turned up the conclusion that there no way to do this. Perhaps someone else knows different?
Manjaro uses lightdm-slick-greeter. There is no option to set the time format.
This file has been truncated.
A slick-looking LightDM greeter
- The default configuration is stored in dconf under the schema x.dm.slick-greeter.
- Distributions should set their own defaults using a glib override.
- Users can create and modify /etc/lightdm/slick-greeter.conf, settings in this files take priority and overwrite dconf settings.
A configuration tool is available at https://github.com/linuxmint/lightdm-settings
- Slick-Greeter is cross-distribution and should work pretty much anywhere.
- All panel applets are embedded. No external indicators are launched or loaded by the greeter.
- No settings daemon are launched or loaded by the greeter.
- This greeter supports HiDPI.
- Sessions are validated. If a default/chosen session isn't present on the system, the greeter scans for known sessions in /usr/share/xsessions and replaces the invalid session choice with a valid session.
But instead, you can install and use lightdm-gtk-greeter + lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings. It includes this option.
Thanks for the help. I got it working with the lightdm-gtk-greeter.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.