Login Screen Doesn't show up after reboot

Hello Manjaro Team,

I’m using Gnome edition at the moment. Switched back from KDE about a months ago. Everything worked like a charm until the latest update which included mesa and Vulkan updates. Since the last update after restart the login screen doesn’t show up. Both monitor stays on but the screen stays grey. I’m using a desktop version of the AMD Vega 64 with the default open source driver. I recall, about two years ago I had a similar problem. I was told by someone that the same video card was tested on a laptop before the update was pushed through, in the end we worked it out that the desktop version of AMD Vega 64 needed a slight modification to also work properly with the login screen. Can you please look into it? I wonder is this only a problem with Gnome edition or this would of been an issue with KDE too? At the moment I used a rollback from the last update when starting Manjaro and it loads no problem so it must be a bug in the new update. Are there any solutions that you can share? Should I not update Manjaro and stay with current versions for a while? Switch back to KDE? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you Kernel 5.9.16-1, CPU: AMD Thread ripper, GPU: AMD Vega 64 open source driver.

I have a similar issue because from the last upgrade gdm window is not shown automatically, but if I switch terminal with Ctrl-Alt-F[2-5] and then again to the right console the gdm window appears normally.
gdm 40.6
kernel 5.9.16 on AMD64

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    DeviceName:  Onboard IGD
    Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. P8H77-I Motherboard
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 33
    Memory at f7800000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
    Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    I/O ports at f000 [size=64]
    Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: i915
    Kernel modules: i915

Thank you Infoferin, it worked. In fact on my last boot it fired up without any issues.
Much appreciate it.
Cheers Guys

Manjaro support rules!

Looks like the success was momentary. Back to the same problem only this time Ctrl-Alt-F[2-5 doesn’t bring the screen back at all. Now I see several people having similar issues with the latest update. I will keep an eye on the forum and follow for solutions or wait for an update fixing it. Thanks

Have you tried updating to kernel 5.11 before upgrading to the latest update?

I have seemed to notice that a lot of the people that are complaining about having a broken system after the latest update are using GNOME and kernel 5.10 or older.

Thanks ZbookSuperFan], I actually used the " Stable " default kernel 5.9.16-1 with the update as shown on my first post. Switching up to 5.10.30.-1. Seems to fix the problem for now.