Login Screen Displayed On All Monitors

In my Manjaro install, the login GUI shows on all screens (including rotated on my vertical screen). Is it possible to disable this, such that the background shows on all other screens but the login GUI only shows on the primary?

Maybe this can be tinkered at /var/lib/gdm/.config/monitors.xml ? I can’t help further I’ve stopped using GDM long timeago.

Come to think, what login manager do you use? + what manjaro flawor?

I just installed it-, so whatever is default. I am running KDE Plasma.

Update: I made it such that SDDM fixes the monitor configuration before loading the login page, so at least everything looks normal in that sense. I believe this is good enough for me for now (still would prefer to only have one login GUI, but having them all fave the correct way is enough).

1 Like

Software diversity is good, SDDM plays better with KDE so that’s why it’s default there and GDM plays better with Gnome so that’s why it’s there, and so on.

You can set X layout in /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup. Example:

[mbb@mbb-laptop ~]$ cat /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup 
#!/bin/sh
# Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears

# Desativar monitores externos

xrandr --screen 0 --fb 1366x768 --output LVDS1 --mode 1366x768 --pos 0x0 --primary --output VGA1 --off --output DP1 --off --output DP2 --off --output DP3 --off --output HDMI1 --off --output HDMI2 --off --output HDMI3 --off
1 Like

Great, thanks. I already set this up with Xrandr- it seems to be working well.

1 Like