lock screen not accepting keyboard input

I'm having an issue on i3 where sometimes the lock screen doesn't accept keyboard input after suspend. I am using betterlockscreen, but it also happened with i3lock. Before I switched to Manjaro, I used Windows 10, and there was a similar issue: the screen would not turn on sometimes after suspend, but this happened much more rarely. This makes me think it is a hardware issue.

The specific behaviour that I get after a suspend is that the lock circle doesn't light up when I press keys. Sometimes, it appears to flash rapidly as if many keys are being pressed, even when I don't press anything. When this happens, it speeds up until the flashes are no longer visible. Edit: I should also add that sometimes the ring doesn't show up at all
This is on a laptop, and I end up having to repeatedly open and close the lid until it works, or simply hold the power button to force shutdown. Sometimes I can press Ctrl-Alt-F2 to switch to a terminal, but this works very rarely. Most of time, it's completely unresponsive except for the lid and power button.
Here's the output from journalctl -p 3 -xb

Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: [Firmware Bug]: cpu 0, try to use APIC500>
Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: [Firmware Bug]: cpu 0, failed to setup th>
Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: [Firmware Bug]: cpu 0, try to use APIC500>
Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: [Firmware Bug]: cpu 0, failed to setup th>
Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: do_IRQ: 0.55 No irq handler for vector
Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: do_IRQ: 1.55 No irq handler for vector
Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: do_IRQ: 2.55 No irq handler for vector
Aug 01 14:32:57 pc kernel: do_IRQ: 3.55 No irq handler for vector

The rest of the output from that command is just these messages repeated.
and here's dmesg

Are these lines the issue?
[ 5776.777582] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7c on isa0060/serio0). [ 5776.777589] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes 7c <keycode>' to make it known.
Any help would be appreciated.

I tried enabling hibernation to see if hibernating instead of suspending would fix the problem. It didn't.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark