RTL8821CE slow internet on laptop

Hello, I just bought a new laptop, which was rather cheap I must admit (around 260 euros), but so far it’s actually proved out to be the best buy I’ve ever done. I am able to stream games on it (although with kind of bad quality) and I would like to play using GeForce Now.But both in Steam and GeForce now i get max download speed of ~5 Mbps while on my other laptop I get the full ~12 Mbps my internet should provide. I installed the rtl8821ce-dkms-git package which built the necessary modules and drivers fro my two kernels (5.7 and 5.8), otherwise I could not have wireless at all. My question is, is there a way to get the full speed of my internet and could you point me to the right direction? Thank you so much in advance. :smiley:

Hi!
I imagine that all connections are to the same wifi (2.4 or 5ghz) and the conditions are the same (distant to the router, etc). So check in wifi config if they are the same, channel, speed (10/100/1000/)

Ehhhhm… how do I check the WiFi config? I’m on Manjaro KDE, I don’t see something about the channel and the speed on there or I just don’t understand that it’s there it it’s there already, sorry.

Hi!
Go to the network applet, go to settings/ wifi and check for link negotiations ,speed and duplex.

I’ve searched all the Networks Settings in KDE and I can’t find any of the terms you mentioned. Perhaps there’s an app I can download that has these settings?