Livestreaming the screen of linux computer

Is it likely tis for someone to livestream the screen of a computer running Manjaro ARM or any other Linux?

How would you detect if someone is livestreaming the screen of your computer?

Not without your permission, no.

You didn’t happen to have received a certain email demanding the payment of a given amount of money in Bitcoin, did you? :wink: If you did, it’s bogus. We’ve been getting those too at one of the forums I administer, in the inbox of a headless server in a rack. :man_facepalming:

Your network traffic would be up.

1 Like

why would my network traffic be up?

Do you have any idea of the amount of data that would be streaming up from your computer if your screen were being livestreamed somewhere?

(Well, unless your screen resolution is 640 x 480 pixels, maybe.)

Let me bounce back the question to you… What makes you think someone would be livestreaming your desktop?

i dont have an idea. this is why i am asking.

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most :
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.