Live usb wi-fi issue

Greetings,
I tried to install manjaro xfce, and all seems to be working fine, however i ran into network issues. I can select and enter my wi-fi, but when i enter firefox it giver server not found. If i install it the error will persist?

There are some wifi cards that need some tweaking, but not in live environment, as some need more than that.
Once you share the output of:
inxi -Fxxxz
someone could help you identifying the wifi card in cause, and point you in the right direction.

I am only on a cell phone. I might be able to help you if I could actually read your outputs. At the minimum I need to know your adapter ID and your kernel version.

Please do not post logs or command outputs as pics. Pictures can’t be searched for errors online. Please help yourself to get your issue resolved by posting outputs in the proper format.

1 Like

I would post the logs on text format, but I don’t have a way to copy them and post it if i don’t have internet connection on my notebook. (I hope this doesn’t sound rude)
On the network section this informations are displayed: Device- 1: Intel Wireless 8265 / 8275 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: 4040 bus ID: 02:00.0 chip ID: 8086: 24fd IF: wlp2s0 state:up mac: <filter>

It’s fairly unusual that Intel adapters won’t work on the live version. It’s possible it may work properly on an install, but it really can’t be predicted. The only way to really know is to install and test for yourself.

You could use phone tethering to get a working wifi connection.

I installed it, but same problem, my notebook recognize and connect to the wi-fi, but there’s no internet connection

Have you tried deleting your wifi connection in Network manager and recreating it. Disabling IPv6 might be worth trying as well. Click on Network Manager> Click ‘Edit’ and edit the wireless connection> Click the IPv6 tab> set IPv6 to ignore> click OK> Reboot.

You can also disable IPv6 in your router. Reboot your router as well.

1 Like

That worked!!! I set on network options to ignore. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by