Black bar in notification area using Kvartum

I changed every theme settings in global theme, colours, plasma style kvantum everything but there is a black bar in the notification is still there which is very annoying everytime a notification comes.

Is there any solutions or someone facing this same problem?

Please read this:

and then file a bug with the Kvantum developer upstream…

:sob:

i think I have the same thing
I have a black bar above notifications, looks like a title bar. also on some parts of the system tray pop-ups.
happened after the update I did yesterday.

I do not have Kvantum.

Are you talking about this?

Click for Preview of Notification

If yes, here's how I got mine Fixed

Execute:

sudo nano /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationItem.qml

change line 133:

• set visible: !notificationItem.inHistory && fromCurrentTheme
  • to visible: false for PlasmaCore.FrameSvgItem

if it also appears for the applets in the panel:

sudo nano /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/extras/PlasmoidHeading.qml

(or wherever that file is for you)

• change visible: fromCurrentTheme
  • to visible: false

Credits to @flipwise on Telegram KDE Group, I got the answer from him.

1 Like

there are no more black bars but there is a new error that showed up after the fix

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/main.qml:109:37: Type CompactRepresentation unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/CompactRepresentation.qml: Type Globals unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml:454:19: Type NotificationPopup unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationPopup.qml:181:13: Type NotificationItem unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationItem.qml:133:28: Expected token `,'