[LINUX NEWBIE] I've installed Manjaro, now can I get rid of Windows 10?

Hello!

I apologize in advance if I do not refer to things correctly as I am just now getting into Linux distro life. Also if this post isn’t in the appropriate place.

I am a college student and want to learn Linux, did some research to find the distro I wanted and decided on Manjaro KDE. During the installation process the “Erase Disk” option did not show up for me and despite following all of the guides and advice I could find given to individuals with a similar issue, nothing seemed to work for me. So I did the “replace partition” option and now have it running properly. However, now I want to completely get rid of all the leftover partitions from Windows.

Is there a way to do this? If so, how do I do that?

Barney style, please. Also, links to videos, explanations or other sources I can look at myself are perfectly fine.

MORE INFO:
The laptop I am using is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7, specifically the 20QDCTO1WW model.

I also have a desktop at home with Windows that will remain Windows as I am more familiar with it and can comfortably format bootable flash drives on it for use on my laptop.

It is always good to have a second OS as an backup. Normally Erase Disk should be an option. Most likely you can use some like Partition Manager to get rid of Windows if you must. Here are some videos:

You might want to install Gparted.

Here some tutorials:

Some issues might be only solve-able with remote access. So if you have still issues, we can try to plan a session to see what the problem might be.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! I am going to watch the videos before giving GParted a try. I will update you with how it goes.