Linking to anything to desktop won't show on desktop

You can also use AppImageLauncher which provides desktop integration along with some additional features.

are you already using it?

you can also create a .desktop file for that appimage and put that into /home/usr_name/Desktop/

I believe this comes with kde plasma setup already

Did you use INTEGRATE AND RUN for that specific appimage?
btw you’re on X11 right?

yes, however, it doesn’t link it to my desktop, it puts the app image file in my applications folder, and that is what I tried linking to desktop. I then proceeded to check my desktop, and it doesn’t link there visually. It shows up in the dolphin file manager version of the desktop though.

Yes I’m on x11

did you try that?
for example:

go through the solution it contains the how-tos

trying to delete something on my desktop via dolphin crashes dolphin. what the heck.

not the LTS one, hopefully someone will show up here quick to guide you then!

im on kde too and have no problems using the DE, matter of fact im on the Linux 5.15.50-1 or Linux 515 which is the latest Lts kernal

I’m on that exact one

It’s been working perfectly fine for a month and then it stopped working properly after I tried to make a second “activity” in the activities menu. That function doesn’t work properly.

you could also create a new workspace by using the ctrl+f8 key binding

try deleting that and retrying

that’s what started the issues

I think my kde is probably messed up somehow, I need to redo it.

try and figure out before you completely nuke it

why do you think I was on a forum for :slight_smile:

Found Out you just need to make sure you start new empty session in settings, as well as clearing cache of all things.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.