Limited replies for new user

Yes for tl0; but I expected a limiation for tl1 as well.
But perhaps a misunderstanding on my side.
Thanks for taking the trouble to point out anyway.

We’ve all had to go through that, unfortunately, except perhaps the moderators. :man_shrugging:

Yeah what a pain but oh well haha :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry about that, with 35k users is hard to set new permissions for all, forum from 0, permissions from 0, content from 0, themes and plugins from 0, new structure from 0, however everyday we all move a step up.

6 Likes

Probably shouldn’t have nuked the old forums then, eh?

1 Like

They weren’t nuked. The database got corrupted, and apparently the corruption had already been going on unnoticed in the background for quite some time, because the backups were corrupted too.

The team has tried everything to salvage the situation, but in the end, there was no other option but to start anew.

The post below explains it all. :arrow_down:

1 Like

Right, I read that. :crazy_face:
I guess I’m just a cynic.

I’ll leave it at that though. Wouldn’t want to derail the thread.

:smirk:

1 Like

I just got to level 1, but I still cannot edit my older posts.

If they’re closed, you can’t; if they’re open can you give me a specific example, please?

:innocent:

.-. I can’t even link other threads in the forum.

Check my history for the first post I made, I guess?
Even if the thread was closed anyway, I always could edit even after years on the old forums.

This post?

You’re a TL1 here already, but not a TL2 yet…

1 Like

the only annoying thing, for me, was going back to not being able to post images (that are sometime critical to show a problem accurately)

3 Likes

Somehow that seems wrong. I come here to learn new ways to do things, tips & tricks are invaluable to new (and old) users. If you switch to PM then nobody else learns how things were fixed or corrected in your situation. Plus nobody else can offer assistance.

switching to PM does not prevent anyone from posting the solution in the topic once the process is done.

1 Like

Somebody must have screwed them, because after 20 days I’m still not TL2
And I still cannot post links at all.
My status didn’t change in the last days, but now somehow I can.

It’s not how often you visit, but how active you are within the community ─ i.e. reading posts, visiting threads, and replying to them.

The permissions were recently relaxed, because it was too difficult for the rest of us to respond. :wink:

2 Likes

I know, I have read the official criteria.
But after a week of checking the forums left and right and even earning the enthusiast badge… I’m still left clueless.
Are you still following the default TL2 limits?

I believe so, yes. As far as I know, the criteria were not changed, only the posting permissions for TL0 and TL1. :thinking:

2 Likes

Ok… crazily enough I just got promoted seconds ago.
Sorry for the bother.

1 Like