Lightdm fails after update

I have AMD A4 plus radeon integrated graphics and an Nvidia GeForce GT 710 graphics card. After a large update and reboot, lightdm fails. Startx doesn’t work.

I read the pinned post and other posts, but: adding logind-check-graphical=true to lightdm.conf did not work.

Also, adding module amdgpu or radeon to mkinitcpio.conf did not work. Has the syntax changed since the wiki entry? I eventually did it with parentheses, but do I add one or both amdgpu or radeon? I tied it several ways and none worked.

I have tried to debug lightdm and it said that it could not run plymouth.

I don’t know if this is right, but I uninstalled video-nvidia and reinstalled, however I tired to install video-nvidia-470xx, and though video-nvidia insalled, the system said that 470xx does not exist.

Can anyone help with this. Trying to start or force lightdm at TTY did not work. Thanks.

Is no longer supported by video-nvidia that is the 490xxx version family.

We need the exact commands you used and the exact error you got.
This should help

But since you have a dual GPU on a Desktop, is there any Monitor connected to the AMD one? If not, why would you add the amdgpu module to mkinitcpio.conf ?

Thank you, I managed to get it working by using the above commands

sudo mhwd -r pci video-nvidia
sudo mhwd -i pci video-nvidia-470xx

I don’t know what happened before but it worked this time. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.