LibreOffice Impress not starting (insufficient user rights)

Hi,

I’m running Manjaro XFCE with LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 and have an issue with Impress. When I try to launch it e.g. using libreoffice --impress, I get a message “Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights”. The weird thing is that all other LibreOffice apps (e.g. Writer, Calc, Draw, Math, Base) all launch properly. The problem only occurs with Impress. It was working previously but I don’t know which update broke it.

I guess it is a permission issue but I can’t find where the problem comes from. The folder ~/.config/libreoffice is own by me so I don’t think this is related to that. Also since only Impress is affected, it should be something more specific. Would you know how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!

Problem persists after updating LibreOffice to version 7.0.4.2. Also, I could observe that if I double-click on a e.g. pptx file, it opens in Impress without problem. The problem occurs when trying to launch impress either from the command line or from Manjaro’s menu.

Hi,

I apologize in advance for my English. I managed to get the same error, I was trying to make a template for impress… Honestly I don’t know what I did wrong, but “deleting” the folder ~/.config/libreoffice was the solution, but I have to configure my preferences once again.
I hope this will help someone like me who happens to tumble into this same forum.

1 Like