KDE to XFCE, qt bug

Hello,

I just switched my DE from kde to xfce, I installed xfce4 and xfce4goodies, uninstalled all (found) kde applicatons but I have a bug. I use keepassXC and VirtualBox, both of them doesn’t shows and when I try to start them from the terminal the are just blank.

Gtk-Message: 10:57:27.000: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module" Gtk-Message: 10:57:27.000: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module" Qt WARNING: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (/UIToolsView) Negative sizes (0,-1431655726) are not possible

If anyone has an idea on how to fix this, thanks in advance.

If you need more informations, I’m at your disposition

Hello,

KDE Plasma install changed this file in your home directory:
~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini by adding gtk-modules=colorreload-gtk-module to it, so now you have to comment it out or delete it. After that restart your session.

4 Likes

Thanks, the errors messages have disappeared, but I still have the blank problem and this error message

Qt WARNING: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (/UIToolsView) Negative sizes (0,-1431655726) are not possible

Ok, but that is Qt related , not GTK as the first one. That means you actually did not install the manjaro-xfce-settings and you did not copy all the content, including hidden files and folders from /etc/skel to your home directory, to have the proper xfce manjaro tweaks and settings. You still have the KDE Plasma defaults from the manjaro-kde-settings
If you install that package and create a test user, you will see that the login in that user will be more coherent. To go manually over each file, you can do that but do not expect much of holding hand, as there are quite a few files to review … :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, now it works, I just copied all the files from /etc/skell into my home directory
Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.