Need Help with DisplayLink Driver Issue on Manjaro

I’m reaching out to this forum because I’m facing an issue with my Manjaro system. Specifically, I’ve been struggling to get the DisplayLink driver to work properly. I’ve scoured through various forums and tried different solutions, but unfortunately, nothing seems to be working.

Here are some links to the forums I’ve visited and the methods I’ve attempted:

Despite my efforts, I still can’t seem to resolve the problem. So, I’m turning to this community for some assistance.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem, I would greatly appreciate your help. I’m open to trying out any suggestions or troubleshooting steps you may have.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards

yay -S displaylink evdi-git

systemctl status displaylink.service
● displaylink.service - DisplayLink Manager Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/displaylink.service; disabled; preset: disabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2024-02-11 12:32:21 CET; 1s ago
Process: 37582 ExecStartPre=/sbin/modprobe evdi (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 1ms

journalctl -xeu displaylink.service
░░
░░ A start job for unit displaylink.service has begun execution.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 31972.
Feb 11 12:33:46 rootware modprobe[37744]: modprobe: FATAL: Module evdi not found in directory /lib/modules/6.5.13-7-MANJARO
Feb 11 12:33:46 rootware systemd[1]: displaylink.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

why did you install the developer-git instead of the usual evdi package ?
use pamac to install.

pamac install displaylink evdi
Fehler: Ziel nicht gefunden: displaylink

cant find the package on pamac

I’m using the git version because I read that in one of the threads. However, the regular version doesn’t work either.

systemctl status displaylink.service

i paste the status in the top :smiley:

uname -a

Linux rootware 6.5.13-7-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Dec 20 07:15:58 UTC 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

any news ?