Lenovo E14 keys fix need help though the process

Hello, I scored the very nice Lenovo E14 for dirt cheap I straight away install Manjaro and apparently the F1 to F9 keys wont work on this laptop with Linux. It’s a Lenovo issue and they do not want to do a thing about it! So after a lot of research I found maybe a solution… First solution is to put your system to sleep… Yeah no kidding if you put your laptop to sleep and woke it up all the keys function will work without any issue and you will even be able to close the lid and make it go to sleep…

But some legends apparently may have fix this issue on GitHub:

I guess the solution for Manjaro would be the Arch solution but I’m having issue to install it as I m fairly new to Linux here is the instruction that I need help with:

Arch

Make sure you have acpica installed (pacman -S acpica) and run thinkpad-e15-gen2-firmware-fix_arch.sh instead. Tested with kernel 5.12.10-arch1-1. Normally the ^M aren’t present in this script, but if you get an error related to this then see above. NOTE: The script uses #!/usr/bin/bash as a crunchbang since it’s the common Arch location for bash. You have to change it if you use another interpreter/it is located elsewhere!

I was able to install acpica and cd downloads git clone the folders but how do I run the thinkpad-e15-gen2-firmware-fix_arch.sh

Thanks you hopefully this may fix the horrible issues of the thinkpad E14!

You can run the script as follows

1. Switch to the directory where the script is located
  2. Make the script executable: chmod +x thinkpad-e15-gen2-firmware-fix_arch.sh
  3. Run it like so: ./thinkpad-e15-gen2-firmware-fix_arch.sh

Alternative:
If you do not want to set the execute bit, you can also run the script like so, assuming you are in the directory where the script is located: sh thinkpad-e15-gen2-firmware-fix_arch.sh

good day mate thanks a lot for you answer I just had a talk with the Legend who wrote the scripts and you are absolutely right Needed to make it executable but to run it the command is actually:

$ sudo ./thinkpad-e15-gen2-firmware-fix_arch.sh --grub-setup-dsdt

this may also work but I haven’t test it yet!

Alternative:
If you do not want to set the execute bit, you can also run the script like so, assuming you are in the directory where the script is located: sh thinkpad-e15-gen2-firmware-fix_arch.sh

Thanks you so much for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.