Latest update broke rofi and rofimenu

Hello, I have the same problem today and only as a workaround I have been able to solve it by modifying the theme in ~ / .config / rofi / config.rasi from theme = “qball” to theme = “solarized” for rofi and adding in the ~ / .limepanelrc from “rofimenu” to “rofimenu -show drun” for the menu on the panel.

Im using bspwm with Manjaro Architect.

Any better solution is welcome.

Overvyn
Regards.-

1 Like

I suspect something is wrong with new rofi theming in version 1.6.0. In fact rofimenu shows all menu if you press Shift + Right Arrow.

2 Likes

@kainonergon Somehow changing font size doesn’t affect the issue for me.
@nealb Though I kinda fixed the problem with changing these lines on rofimenu.rasi
line 73, 74

lines:			6;
fixed-height:	true;

Also, there is no dotfiles menu on the current config.

@kainonergon Thank you for the tip, didn’t know about this.

2 Likes

Shift + arrows are default rofi keys to switch between modi.

1 Like

@Mitsukuni ,Thanks , that worked for me. I see the dotfiles line also.

On this screenshot it is seen that all tabs (modi) are placed on the same line. So I’m quite sure it’s a bug in rofi, not in rofimenu.
rofi-2020-09-13-1934-00000

1 Like

Yes, that can be removed (and will be, good call) by taking the vertb out of the window’s children list in config.rasi :
children: [vertb, mainbox]; >> children: [mainbox];

1 Like

I’m taking a look at the rofimenu script and watching bug reports on the git.

It seems to be only drawing the last modi in the switcher, so maybe a syntactical change in the script will be required. I honestly am more leaning towards bug as @kainonergon mentioned. The lack of mouse controls pushes me that way more-so.

I’ll update the desktop pkg to have the dotfiles menu asap. That’s something I missed on the last iso release. (I will also remove that awful looking sidebar from the rofi launcher as well)

2 Likes

Actually there was dotfiles menu in my installation in the first place, it dissappeared with the last update, or at least I think so. Not exactly sure if that happened with the update or happened while copying over the files from skel.

And yes, that rofi sidebar is really awful. :slight_smile:

I was struggling for a month about this issue and you guys helped me a lot. Thanks!!! And happy new year!!!