Latest Stable manjaro xfce boots to the black screen

Has anyone checked the load with the ryzen iGPU? I did a clean install a week ago - after reboot the system boots to a black screen. Terminal works, but startx ends with an error.

Inxi from booted Ubuntu 20.10

Kernel: 5.8.0-43-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.8.0-43-generic
root=UUID=8229969c-49b7-438c-8ff6-414216ea5960 ro quiet splash
Desktop: Xfce 4.14.2 tk: Gtk 3.24.13 info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm4
dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Ubuntu 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla)
Type: Desktop Mobo: Gigabyte model: B550M S2H v: x.x serial:
UEFI: American Megatrends LLC. v: F13a date: 01/27/2021
Info: 6-Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G with Radeon Graphics bits: 64
type: MT MCP arch: Zen family: 17 (23) model-id: 60 (96) stepping: 1
microcode: 8600106 L2 cache: 3072 KiB
flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm
bogomips: 88640
Speed: 1397 MHz min/max: 1400/3700 MHz boost: enabled Core speeds (MHz):
1: 1433 2: 1356 3: 1397 4: 1397 5: 1351 6: 1397 7: 1397 8: 1397 9: 1405
10: 1321 11: 1322 12: 1397
Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: Not affected
Type: l1tf status: Not affected
Type: mds status: Not affected
Type: meltdown status: Not affected
Type: spec_store_bypass
mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp
Type: spectre_v1
mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, IBPB: conditional, IBRS_FW,
STIBP: conditional, RSB filling
Type: srbds status: Not affected
Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected
Device-1: AMD Renoir vendor: Gigabyte driver: amdgpu v: kernel
bus ID: 07:00.0 chip ID: 1002:1636
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: amdgpu,ati
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa display ID: :0.0 screens: 1
Screen-1: 0 s-res: 3840x1080 s-dpi: 96 s-size: 1016x285mm (40.0x11.2")
s-diag: 1055mm (41.5")
Monitor-1: HDMI-A-0 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 93
size: 527x296mm (20.7x11.7") diag: 604mm (23.8")
Monitor-2: HDMI-A-1 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 94
size: 521x293mm (20.5x11.5") diag: 598mm (23.5")
OpenGL: renderer: AMD RENOIR (DRM 3.38.0 5.8.0-43-generic LLVM 11.0.0)
v: 4.6 Mesa 20.2.6 direct render: Yes
Device-1: AMD driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 07:00.1
chip ID: 1002:1637
Device-2: AMD Family 17h HD Audio vendor: Gigabyte driver: snd_hda_intel
v: kernel bus ID: 07:00.6 chip ID: 1022:15e3
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.8.0-43-generic
Device-1: D-Link System DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter driver: r8169
v: kernel port: f000 bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 1186:4300
IF: enp1s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR93xx Wireless Network Adapter
vendor: D-Link System DWA-566 driver: ath9k v: kernel port: f000
bus ID: 04:00.0 chip ID: 168c:0030
IF: wlp4s0 state: down mac:
Device-3: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: Gigabyte driver: r8169 v: kernel port: e000 bus ID: 05:00.0
chip ID: 10ec:8168
IF: enp5s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Local Storage: total: 465.76 GiB used: 67.74 GiB (14.5%)
SMART Message: Required tool smartctl not installed. Check --recommends
ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Kingston model: SA2000M8500G size: 465.76 GiB
block size: physical: 512 B logical: 512 B speed: 31.6 Gb/s lanes: 4
serial: rev: S5Z42105 scheme: GPT
ID-1: / raw size: 465.26 GiB size: 456.96 GiB (98.22%)
used: 67.73 GiB (14.8%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2
Kernel: swappiness: 60 (default) cache pressure: 100 (default)
ID-1: swap-1 type: file size: 2.00 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) priority: -2
file: /swapfile
System Temperatures: cpu: 29.9 C mobo: N/A gpu: amdgpu temp: 26.0 C
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Processes: 330 Uptime: 3m Memory: 15.11 GiB used: 1.97 GiB (13.1%)
Init: systemd v: 246 runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: N/A Packages: 2000
apt: 1996 lib: 1117 snap: 4 Shell: Bash v: 5.0.17 running in: terminator
inxi: 3.1.07

UPD, logs here - [ 6.429] X.Org X Server 1.20.10X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0[ -

UPD, all avaliable information here - ownCloud
If it is important, I have two monitors connected to the motherboard HDMI and DVI. Everything works correctly on Xubuntu 20.10, but I don’t like it :smile:

I believe i have the same problem.
just recently switched to using Linux distributions so i have no idea what im doing, but i want to share my logs too hoping that somehow can help.

I got a fresh install with the recent update
Edarvi’s pastebin logs

I solved the problem myself.

  1. Add to /etc/mkinitcpio.conf the line MODULES=“amdgpu”.
  2. sudo mkinitcpio -P
  3. sudo update-grub
  4. sudo reboot

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.