How To Upgrade and old kernel remove manjaro i3 question

Hlw I have Install manjaro i3. my linux kernel version is 5.7.11-3-MANJARO but latest version is 5.9.11-3-MANJARO. So how i update kernel lastest stable version and remove old version.

Kernel update – to revision version – happens as with any other package.
Kernel upgrade – to major/minor version – is manual by default AFAIK. Alternatively, you can install the linux-latest (or linux-lts) so it also upgrades with package updates.

1 Like

Hi!
Hoy can use sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux59 && sudo Pacman -S linux59-headers
This will install kernel 5.9 y his headers, then reboot, check if the system work fine, then remove the 5.7 with sudo mhwd-kernel -r linux57

1 Like

When you use mhwd-kernel to update - it will update other installed packages relating to the kernel e.g. headers, virtualbox and nvidia modules but you need the system to fully updated to do so.

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux510

If you want to remove the running kernel - remember to reboot immediately

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux510 rmc

If you - for various reasons don’t want to do a full update before using mhwd - you must specify all packages on the command line - add in any Nvidia kernel modules if necessary

sudo pacman -Syu linux510

Or if you need headers

sudo pacman -Syu linux510 linux510-headers

Or if you need virtualbox

sudo pacman -Syu linux510 linux510-virtualbox-host-modules

Create any mix you deem necessary for your system

1 Like

Thank For Help :heart_eyes:

Thank For Help :revolving_hearts:

Thank You So Much :heart_eyes:

The answers doesn’t cover the remove i3 part from your top header but from the content of you OP it seemed not the topic - but merely kernel related - right?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.