Late Shift Lutris Install Script Creation - Help?

Hello All,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for assistance in the creation of a Lutris Installation Script for the Steam game Late Shift.

The developers have been contacted with this issue in the past, and have decided against doing so for the 2017 release. See here.

Additionally, this game is rated as Borked on ProtonDB. See here for more details.

Naturally I thought "Lutris must have a script for this game, right?" As it turns out, while the game is in their repositories, they don't have an installation script.

So I sought to solve this issue on my own. Running the game eventually gives me the following (albiet odd) error message:

/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py:844: RuntimeWarning: line buffering (buffering=1) isn't supported in binary mode, the default buffer size will be used
  self.stdout = io.open(c2pread, 'rb', bufsize)
Running /home/monokuma/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/tkg-4.0-x86_64/bin/wine /home/monokuma/.local/share/lutris/runners/winesteam/prefix64/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steam.exe -no-cef-sandbox -console steam://rungameid/584980
wine: cannot find L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\bin\\cef\\cef.win7x64\\steamwebhelper.exe"
info:  Game: Steam.exe
info:  DXVK: v1.5
info:  Built-in extension providers:
info:    Win32 WSI
info:    OpenVR
warn:  OpenVR: Failed to initialize OpenVR
info:  Enabled instance extensions:
info:    VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2
info:    VK_KHR_surface
info:    VK_KHR_win32_surface
warn:  D3D9: VK_FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT -> VK_FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT
info:  AMD RADV POLARIS10 (LLVM 9.0.0):
info:    Driver: 19.2.7
info:    Vulkan: 1.1.107
info:    Memory Heap[0]: 
info:      Size: 8192 MiB
info:      Flags: 0x1
info:      Memory Type[1]: Property Flags = 0x7
info:    Memory Heap[1]: 
info:      Size: 8192 MiB
info:      Flags: 0x0
info:      Memory Type[0]: Property Flags = 0x6
info:      Memory Type[2]: Property Flags = 0xe
info:  Process set as DPI aware
Mono path[0] = 'Z:/mnt/SteamGames/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Late Shift/LateShift_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'Z:/mnt/SteamGames/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Late Shift/LateShift_Data/Mono/etc'

(wine:2006): GStreamer-WARNING **: 13:46:28.415: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so': libQt5WaylandClient.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
c:\buildslave\steam_rel_client_win32\build\src\common\html\chrome_ipc_client.cpp (791) : Assertion Failed: Failed to connect to master html process, created shared memory (spawn time 60.91)

And that last 'Assertion Failed' message loops for infinity.

Is there someone with more (hopefully by a lot) experience wine that can help me here? I tried installing dotnet versions 3.5, 4.0, and 4.6, changing from various wine versions (including the latest TKG Unity versions available since this is a Unity game apparently, Wine Lutris 4.20, Wine Protonified 4.10 and 3.21, and various 4.x versions of the standard TKG wine), and changing operating system versions. None of this helped.
D9VK made this worse believe it or not.

I tried reenabling steamwebhelper.exe from my prefix only to have the program fail with an exception. I also fixed the gstreamer log bug, but that didn't fix anything really.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Anyone have any ideas? Do I maybe need to be more clear? Maybe I'm missing something?

Forum kindly sponsored by