KVM is not available

Hello there, Here I am using manjaro xfce from few days. And of course I am a fresh user. For some reason, I had to install a virtual machine. So I installed one, Its called KVM.
But every time I fire it up it opens but a pop up keeps showing like
Warning: KVM is not available. This may mean the KVM package is not installed bla bla bla.

How do i fix it?

Kernel support for KVM should be available by default if your hardware supports it, I think. If that is not the case, you might have to modprobe the module manually.

But more likely than not, you’ll only have to enable virtualization support on your BIOS.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KVM

1 Like

Indeed, in most of my motherboard, if not all, was disabled by default

1 Like

What package did you install and from where?

i have exactly done those things mentioned in this article.

So? Did you check with those commands that you have virtualization support at the hardware and kernel level? Did you check your BIOS for the relevant setting? Have you asked yourself if you really need QEMU, or you would be better served using VirtualBox instead?

This is the most important part it does not allways stick for some unknown reason.
But why choose probably the hardest of all VMs to use, Don’t get me wrong its one of the better ones once mastered.
Again don’t get me wrong but why use anything that you need others to set-up for you, that is admitting its above your head.

Enable the service by entering the below command:

sudo systemctl enable libvirtd.service

STEP 3: Start the service using below command:

sudo systemctl start libvirtd.service

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by