KSysGuard: Network History diagram don't work anymore (on WLAN)

Hello,
after the recent stable update, the KDE KsysGuard doesn’t display the current network speed in the Network history diagramm anymore.
I tested several Kernels 5.7 / 5.8 / 5.9 (RC1) and it seems that its not network card module related.

As I don’t have any dedicated LAN port on my laptop, I can only say it’s not working for any WLAN connection ( rtl8821ce in my case).

Are anyone else affected through this?

Kind regards,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert

I don’t have any WLAN connection, but it is possible that you need to create a custom tab for this, while picking a different sensor for the network traffic. :man_shrugging:

I can try this, but because I haven’t changed anything in KSysGuard and also run on the same Kernel 5.7.17 like before the update, it seems for me that there is a regression here.

My understanding of the Network History in KSysGuard is, that it shows the data bandwidth over time of the default (active) network connection and not related to a specific device, am I right?

I’m not sure, but the odd thing is that after I signed off last night, mine was doing very weird things, and it was driving up the CPU load and temperature, and I had to log out and back in to get things to normalize.

So I suspect a bug in this iteration of Plasma and/or the KDE apps ─ I’ve already found a bunch of others too. :man_shrugging:

1 Like