Kodi doesn't fetch the kodi-x11 package as a dependency

I’m pretty new to the linux community, i don’t know if this is the right way to go about this.

basically when downloading kodi from the package manager in the kde version of manjaro, it doesn’t fetch the kodi-x11 package as a dependency and thus kodi will fail to launch. i dont know if thats intentional, but it took me a good bit as a novice user to figure out how to get that fixed.

kodi depends on KODI-BIN which kodi-x11, kodi-wayland and kodi-gbm provide. If you already had one of those packages installed, then that dependency was already met.

i guess what i was meaning is that it wasn’t launching properly due to it not having the x11 binaries. i think that it would make sense for the package manager to know which binaries it needed to download for a given window manager. i was more posing this as a question as to why it defaults to downloading the gbm vs the x11. regardless i have this working for myself, thanks.

It doesn’t:

❯ sudo pacman -S kodi
resolving dependencies...
:: There are 3 providers available for KODI-BIN:
:: Repository community
   1) kodi-gbm  2) kodi-wayland  3) kodi-x11

Enter a number (default=1): 

it actually depends on the tool used… pacman and pamac (I think as I don’t use it) ask if there is more than one provider for a dependency but not all… octopi doesn’t, I don’t know for yay or other tools like gnome software or discover or any other AUR helpter.

package manager are not smart enough yet… maybe one day… for now there is just dependencies and it just check that… there is no IA yet in package manager,

Holy necro bump, Batman!