Kibojoe Linux - Manjaro Linux re-spin with JWM [18.02rc5 is ready > 2018-03-19]

jwm
manjaro
re-spin
kibojoe

Looks very good Holmes ( and works on my Dell laptop which is a real bonus). However there is a major problem. I have installed 18.02 on the laptop but on reboot I am getting the greeter page asking for username and password. I set the laptop to start without authentication. I have tried my username and password but its not working. Just in case I reinstalled but the issue remains.

hello @lemmy999 ,
that’s weird…
if possible, reinstall again!
leave the username and password (do not remove the login!!!)…
after boot edit the lxdm.config file in /etc/lxdm/lxdm.config…
search for uncomment and set autologin username to enable autologin
uncomment the line # autologin=username and add username, for example, autologin=lemmy999
or open JWMConfig > choose the number 22 to call LXDM Configuration, see

choose ✓Automatic Login option!

vlw fwi, Holmes :slight_smile:

Yes Holmes, very weird. Using a Puppy USB stick I can see that autologin is uncommented and specifies me as the user. I will try reinstalling as you suggest and see what happens.

Hmm, small problem. I cannot leave the username and password blank. Without those two items I cannot continue with the install

hi,

before reinstallation take a test
use manjaro-chroot (manjaro-chroot -a) and edit lxdm.config for comment (#) the autologin line

does normal installation by Calamares!

Commenting out the autologin line makes no difference.

I am attempting to install using the default installer which I assume is Calamares

i have just looked at your version of pacli (i am not sure, whether you still use it or not) and found a problem:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g

no longer works, because the syntax of pacman-mirrors has changed. instead, use

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 0 && sudo pacman -Syy

hello @excalibur1234

i’ve been using this parameter for some time, see line 200:

here i do the Pacli update, accompanying the discussions here!

thank you mate…

oh, i see i have looked at an old folder. i am glad you have fixed this bug already a while ago.

i have noticed a couple of strange things in your version of pacli and have sent a pull request, which fixes these problems:
https://github.com/kibojoe/scripts-kibojoe/pull/1

i hope i could help.
if you have specific questions about how to improve it even more, feel free to ask.

I thought I’d install 17.09 final instead. And that did exactly the same thing. Very strange. I’ve had to go back to Antergos for the moment. Which is good but not as good as KiboJoe

Hey there,

im interested on your Project.
Why should i use kibojoe?
Just some pros / cons :slight_smile:

A wild user wanders in (in to town rode a stranger who became stranger)…

I suppose it’s easier to ask what you’re looking for. I switched to it from Manjaro Mate on my desktop and ArchLabs on my laptop. It’s nice, light weight, mostly works (I’ve a thread on the KiboJoe forum about various nuisance problems) and since we can tap this community as well as the KJ community, a huge amount of support.

If you’ve more specific questions, I’ll be happy to help much as I can.

@excalibur1234

many thanks for the corrections…
any questions, i ask for help!

@lemmy999

very strange…
did you do the installation normally?
after the boot does not appear the field to add user and then the field for password?

Yes, totally normal install

Yes, the box for user and password both pop up. But they shouldn’t as I have enabled autologin. And using my usual username/password doesn’t work. Nor does manjaro/manjaro

Only thought that occurred to me is that I am using a separate /Home partition. It was created when I tried out Antergos a month or so ago. However I use the same username/password combo for all my machines so I don’t think that would make a difference. Only way to test that theory out is to re-install Kibojoe without a separate /home partition.

@lemmy999
hello mate…

what appears in default session or desktop used when in systemwide config in lxdm.config file?

:heart::heart: Kibojoe Linux 18.2rc2 - Manjaro Linux re-spin with JWM is ready :heart::heart:

I’m happy to announce our SECOND release candidate (RC2) version of Kibojoe Linux (Manjaro Linux re-spin with JWM), codename Vai-Vai.

:: RC1 > RC2 ::

• Fixed some errors in JWM codification (thank you jlribeiro - Kibojoe Linux),
• Fixed using the monitor brightness keys (thank you jlribeiro - Kibojoe Linux),
• Fixed some errors in Pacli Package Manager codification (thank you @excalibur1234 - Manjaro Linux),
• Fixed some errors notify-send and cron,
• Adjustments in Theme Live Boot,
• upnotifier script will look for updates every two hours,
• gtk3-classic replace gtk3,
• Packages updates and some corrections (Stable Update Manjaro 2018-01-19).

:: Highlight ::

• JWM Theme SX-Dark,
• LXDM Theme SX-Dark-Simple,
• Collection Wallpapers Dunes and Moon,
• DockAppJWM,
• LeaveJWM,
• Window Buttons JWM Flat-SX Theme,
• GTK Theme Numix-SX-Dark,
• Icon Theme Surfn-Mint-X-Grey,
• Mouse Cursor Theme Bridge,
• JWM 2.3.7-1,
• Kernel Linux414,
• ISO Size 902,3 MiB.

:: Links ::

• Download Kibojoe Linux 18.02rc2: http://kibojoe.org/download.html.
• Forum Kibojoe Linux: http://forum.kibojoe.org.
• Site Kibojoe Linux: http://kibojoe.org.
• IRC Channel Freenode: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=kibojoe.

kind regards,
Kibojoe Linux Maintenance Team

hello all,
i made a little welcome script for Live
after the Live boot the script will appear with some importants informations, see

what do you think?

hello all,
update content for WelcomeLive script, see image:

Had some problems with both RC’s from USB thumb
Booted on old HP Compaq 6715b laptop. And desktop is garbled after boot. Here are short video of bug then pressing right mouse button https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZEPXEqok7Krevay1

I can help with providing more info just tell me what you need.