Keyboard goes berserk while using Blender

Hello guys!

My laptop’s keyboard goes berserk while using Blender, sometimes randomly (while typing on Libre Writer etc.). Some alphabet keys don’t work while orders just show random symbols on screen when typing and some just keep repeating (repeat different symbols).

Sometimes the issue will resolve after closing Blender, while most of the time I have to keep my restarting my laptop until the keyboard works fine again.

Additional info for your reference-

1. I am using ASUS N550JV laptop and running dual-boot (Win 10 + Manjaro Kyria Stable)
  2. Kernel version is 5.4.23-1
  3. I am pretty sure this is not hardware problem, as things work fine on Windows 10 when using other programs.
  4. I have noticed that reducing keyboard rate somewhat helps, but it is not a fix.
  5. I am newbie to Linux, hence request you to explain steps like you are explaining to a monkey. Thanks!

I am not able to figure out if it is because of a missing system file/line? Or because of kernel?

Please help!

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

That’s already hopelessly outdated. After Kyria came Lysia, and we’re already on Mikah now.

Please update your system, and make sure to reinstall GRUB to the ESP or MBR once you’ve done that, because there have been quite a few changes since then, including to GRUB (because of the “boot hole” vulnerability).

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Then, assuming that your main drive is /dev/sda and that your system boots in UEFI mode, issue the following command… :arrow_down:

sudo grub-install --recheck --no-rs-codes --modules="part_gpt part_msdos zstd" --removable /dev/sda

If your system boots in legacy BIOS mode (or CSM in a UEFI machine), use this instead. :arrow_down:

sudo grub-install --modules="part_gpt part_msdos zstd" /dev/sda

In both cases, you must then run… :arrow_down:

sudo update-grub

… as the last step.

2 Likes