Kernel upgrade and wifi driver (broadcom)

Hi, I have a 2017 macbook air. Manjaro (with Gnome) works great.
However, I have this wi-fi driver: broadcom-wl-dkms 6.30.223.271-26.
I also have kernel 5.9.1 installed. When I install a new kernel (5.10 LTS, 5.12 and 5.13) the wi-fi does not work anymore.

How can I upgrade my kernel while keeping the wi-fi on my computer?

I suggest you take a look at this link, you’ll have to install the linux-headers manually.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Broadcom_wireless#broadcom-wl

Ok, thanks.
But it doesn’t seem to be working. I installed the linux 5.10 LTS kernel through the manjaro gui, ant it installs linux510-headers :

And it still doesn’t work.

You may need to manually update your driver every time the kernel updates. I have a wi-fi card i need to (make install) a driver for from a git project, & every kernel update i need to re-install it.
I dont need to re-install linux-headers, or base-devel because those are packages that get updated in the system upgrade as you noticed, but a special driver not in repositories wont get updated.

Thank’s it worked !
For the record, and eventually other users close to my situation : I discovered that this driver had a more update version on arch repos, so I uninstalled my actual driver and manualy installed the new one (not available on the software center) and it works perfectly with the 5.10 LTS kernel.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.