Notifications not working from flatpak apps (gnome)

I have two flatpak apps installed, Ferdi and Joplin, which I’d like to receive notifications from. I have notifications enabled in both apps. I also enabled notifications with flatseal for both apps. But I’m not receiving notifications from either apps. When I checked gnome settings to see if either app was able to send notifications, both apps weren’t listed.

I realized that this is a flatpak issue as I’m able to receive notifications from apps which aren’t flatpaks, but not these two apps.

I’m not sure what I should do now to get notifications working for both apps. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

I’m not sure if this will help you, and I do not run any flatpaks. The notification system needs a entry in the .desktop file to pick them up it seems: Initiatives/GnomeGoals/NotificationSource - GNOME Wiki!

Checking for X-GNOME-UsesNotifications=true in the .desktop file and adding it if it’s not there could solve your issue. (source) If this does not work this has some good leads.

Thank you for your response and help!
I had already tried adding X-GNOME-UsesNotifications=true to the desktop file, without success. As for the other resources you provided, as a complete beginner, I wasn’t able to make sense out of them or implement them.