[Bug Report] AC power policy not honored when charging via USB-C on 2019 LG Gram

Not sure exactly what category to put this in, but ‘Plasma’ seemed the most likely. I have an LG Gram laptop running the Plasma spin. All updates current.

I’m not sure if this is a common experience, but the power policies regarding sleep, monitor brightness, etc, do not trigger the ‘AC charging’ profile when the laptop is being charged via the USB-C port. This is usually only an annoyance, as I have to manually tick the ‘Inhibit sleep’ box, but I forgot to do that today and the machine dropped into sleep state in the middle of a kernel update today, and became un-bootable stating:

error: file '/boot/vmlinuz-5.14-x86' not found.

Fall back doesn’t work either. I’m still working on getting it back up. Has anybody experienced this before? Any other useful information I should query before I reinstall? Thanks.

I cannot help you with the laptop-specific problem, but the reason why your system isn’t booting is that you don’t have a kernel installed, as a result of the upgrade having been interrupted.

Boot up from the installer medium in live mode, open up a terminal and enter the following commands… :arrow_down:

sudo su -
manjaro-chroot -a

Select your Manjaro installation and then enter the following commands… :arrow_down:

pacman-mirrors -f 5 && pacman -Syyu
update-grub
exit

Let all of the commands finish and then reboot your laptop.