Hide hidden windows in Activies view

Is there any way to optionally not show hidden windows in Activities (Expose-like) view? Just so it only shows the windows that are actually visible.

Preferably a keyboard shortcut so you can still view all windows as well, but differentiate somehow.

Anyone saw a tweak/hack/extension for this?

That is a nice trap question right there! Can divorce an unmarried one? :slight_smile:
How did you hide the windows if are still visible?

1 Like

He means: don’t show minimized windows in gnome window expose. Solution would require a shell extension (I don’t know that there would be one). As a workaround, send windows to another workspace instead of minimizing them. You might have to use wmctrl or xdotool to send a window to another workspace without following it, because gnome does not do that by default.

Thanks, I’ve slowly-but-surely gotten into the habit of using workspaces instead of minimize :slight_smile:

There is this extension.

2 Likes

From the comments, it appears that it isn’t working on Gnome 3.38, and that it also hides windows from the alt-tab switcher. But thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

I can confirm that it works on GNOME 3.38.

This is true. This is definitely a disadvantage.

1 Like

Thanks! I think I finally just got used to using spaces.

Now, I only wish that the spaces preview in the activities view actually showed what’s on both monitors. It’s a guessing game right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.