Kernel on Oracle Cloud VM.Standard.A1.Flex (aarch64)

Hi,

I was trying to install the latest linux kernel on an Oracle Cloud VM.Standard.A1.Flex (Ampere A1, aarch64) instance but it doesn’t seem to work at all. Right now I’m using the old linux515 package (which still works).
I have a self built kernel which came from before I directly switched from Arch Linux ARM to Manjaro which still works where I have been doing the kernel installations (without much success).

Is there a way I can make the latest linux kernel work?
Linux 5.15 goes EOL later this year and I don’t want to be caught in its wake, nor do I want to have to compile the latest kernel source each time a new release happens (otherwise, I would’ve kept Arch Linux ARM instead).
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

We don’t have any support in our kernels for the Ampere as far as I know.

What old linux515 package?

If it’s ours that works, then our linux61 package should also work pretty well.

I just meant the linux515 package (core/linux515 5.15.85-1)
from Manjaro ARM, no “old” package, sorry for the confusion.
but as soon as I start using linux61, after selecting that kernel option in grub, it just does nothing with a black screen (inside the VNC console).

Sounds like we might be missing some config options in newer kernels then. :frowning:

Is there any way I can help with it?

Tell us what modules are missing. Then we can enable them in the newer kernels.

sorry for taking so long, how do I get the list of modules? do you want the .config file?

I don’t want a list of all the modules. Only the ones needed to get your system working.