Kernel Installation on Device with no internet access

Dear community,

due to a problem with my internet connection (details in the post “No internet access despite wifi-connection” in this forum)

I have no access to the internet which could be solved by using a stable kernel (5.15).
Current Kernel: 5.9.16-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits
How can I install another kernel only having windows dual-boot or a second manjaro device?

Thanks for your support!

by using a USB live manjaro ,
and do chroot ( see manjaro-chroot )

Here the Link

How to boot from USB into live Manjaro (for repair):

5.15 is a LTS kernel, but you also can try 5.10 which is also LTS and more mature

Assuming that you are writing this from your android/iphone you can connect your phone to the other device with a USB cable and make use of tethering.

1 Like

nope I use a second notebook and don’t own a smartphone

@andreas85 and then for kernel installation I use the commands which @ishaan2479 proposed? What do I have to do differently then because it shows:

su
manjaro-chroot -a
mhwd-kernel -i linux515

Error: You can’t reinstall your current kernel. Please use ‘pacman -Syu’ instead to update

When I type

mhwd-kernel -l

available kernels:

• linux414
  • linux414
  • linux414
  • linux414
  • linux414

one mistake i used the wrong command
so
mhwd-kernel -li

came to linux59

but when I tried to install 510 (instead of 515 which the live-stick was running on),
it started synchronizing the package datebases and stopped right after with error message:

no targets specified (use -h for help)

Dear community,

my problem is as follows:
Due to an accidental installation of an EOL-Kernel (linux59) it seems this causes the disability to connect to the internet. I would like to find it out on my own but I just can’t so I need your help. I have a second device and right now I tried to solve the problem with an live-usb using

manjaro-chroot -a
mhwd-kernel -i linux510

but I got following error message:

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 167.7 KiB 357 KiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
extra 1899.9 KiB 3.50 MiB/s 00:01 [####################################################################] 100%
community 6.9 MiB 4.06 MiB/s 00:02 [####################################################################] 100%
multilib 174.3 KiB 2027 KiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
error: no targets specified (use -h for help)

Is there any way to handle this or to update the kernel with chroot with the kernel’s source-code?

Thanks for your support!