Kernel 5.10 will be big a release for RPi4

But you are not on ARM, so this post is not relevant. :slight_smile:

any noticeable performance benefits?

Regarding the raspberry pi?
I doubt it. It barely works. :stuck_out_tongue:

5.10.0-rc3 with patches for the rpi has been released in the next branch a few hours ago: kernel: Bump to 5.10.0-rc3 Β· raspberrypi/firmware@306d98d Β· GitHub

And cue the Jeopardy Theme Song

I have 2 of the 3 kernels compiled. I had to leave and go to town so it will be tomorrow before I test and push.

1 Like

How long does it normally take for the mirrors to sync?

And does this status page also reflect the status of the ARM mirrors?

Depends on how often that mirror syncs. Most mirrors sync every 6 hours or so.

It should.

1 Like

Hello everybody, noob here. What is command to install the latest test mainline kernel compile by @Darksky? I used to visit an old kernel thread but I cannot find it anymore since the forums changed.

Thanks!

This is how I do it:

$ sudo pacman -Sy linux-rpi4-mainline linux-rpi4-mainline-headers

It will conflict with linux-rpi4 and linux-rpi4-headers, so answer Y to have pacman remove the standard kernel and headers and replace them with the mainline versions.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m installing it but it is version 5.9.6-2… I wanted 5.10. Is there a way to install it? Thanks!

I think for that, you will need to switch to arm-unstable first.

1 Like

I think I’m in unstable branch. I ran sudo pacman-mirrors -aS unstable && sudo pacman -Syyu and when I try your command it tries to reinstall 5.9.

I am a little confused on what you are wanting. We do not provide the true upstream kernel as such. I did push linux-rpi4-rc 5.10-rc4 and new bootloader packages today to the unstable branch.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/new-raspberry-pi-kernels-related-packages/4721/167

1 Like

Yup yup, my bad. Sorry about that @lucifersan, I should have caught that. You want the rc not mainline.

1 Like

You should specify the RC ( linux-rpi4-rc ) and it’s headers ( linux-rpi4-rc-headers ) packages to get the latest :
linux-rpi4-rc 5.10.rc4-1
linux-rpi4-rc-headers 5.10.rc4-1

1 Like