Kensington Expert Mouse - any experience under Manjaro?

I want / need to get a new mouse, so I thought I’d try something completely different: a trackball. Do any of you have experience with the Kensington Expert Mouse? What about the driver under Manjaro? How is the function? Is there any point to this thing or is it a waste of money? The reviews on the net all refer only to the “other” operating system.

1 Like

needs no driver but does need configuration

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If you do end up buying that thing, and you get it to work, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

I’m very conflicted. On the one hand, it excites me very much to try the device, on the other hand, it is decidedly too expensive to try. At the moment, I’m also waiting for the new Zowie EC1-C to hit the market. But the “solution” you have earned in any case :wink:

1 Like

I am using the Kensington Slim Blade mouse with Manjaro and it function fine with no drivers. However, I haven’t attempted to reprogram the top two buttons yet. Additionally the ‘twist scroll’ works fine, so I am sure there must be a universal signal for scrolling devices. I can post a video on youtube and share a link if that helps.

1 Like

Gladly :slight_smile:

And how does it feel in the long run? Pain in the wrist at the beginning? I suspect that overall you are slower with the trackball than with a conventional mouse. Is that so?

I also use the slim blade low-pro trackball. No drivers but I haven’t modified any buttons. It took a minute to get used to but after a couple years I really prefer it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.