MHWD Gsync Screen Flicker

Hello there,

I am struggling with screen flicker whenever I enable G-Sync on my G-Sync compatible AOC monitors, so I always keep this functionality disabled.
BUT, I just installed the latest update on Manjaro (Nvidia 495.44), and noticed the following in the changelog:

Fixed a regression which prevented DisplayPort and HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate (VRR) G-SYNC Compatible monitors from functioning correctly in variable refresh rate mode, resulting in issues such as flickering.

Unfortunately this was not the case for me, flickering still present :frowning:
However, I found an interesting function in a script in the Manjaro MHWD package, which appends the Device section of the xorg.conf with the following line:

Option "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerDefault=0x2; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x1"

However the append is tied to a strange condition which I don’t understand:

# Fix screen flickering for some nvidia devices
MHWD_FUNC_ON_MATCH 0300 10de "0400 0401 0402 0403 0407 0409 0425" fix_screen_flickering

Also, this change was not applied automatically for me, so I assume the above condition does not apply for everyone…

The full script on Manajro is located under /var/lib/mhwd/local/pci/video-nvidia/MHWDCONFIG, or you can have a look here:

Is anybody aware of this config change? Did it work for you? Can someone maybe explain this to me?
Also, is there an official repo where we can check out and link some source code for the Manjaro components? I tried on gitlab, but the MHWD repo is really outdated.

Thanks!