Broadcom-bcm43142-wifi-driver-problem

Hello, I’m stuck on installing wireless network driver offline on my computer. The computer has a win10os, I install manjaro-xfce-21.3.6-minimal-220729-linux515.
wireless network controller is Broadcom BCM43142 .
I have follow the broadcom-bcm43142-wifi-driver-problem/54709 to install the driver. after reboot the computer, it still not found wifi.
but when I use lspci -k to inspect, it still not found the kernel driver in use.
how to resolve it?

Hi @stardust, and welcome!

Since I don’t know anything more than the WiFi card make & model, this advice is kind of generic. I found this Archwiki article that advises to install broadcom-wl from the AURfor that adapter:

Wireless

To use the Broadcom BCM43142 chipset is, install broadcom-wl from the AUR, and load the module:

# modprobe wl

The system will now recognize the interface as wlp2s0. See Broadcom wireless and Wireless for details.

But, dkms packages requires the Linux headers for your installed kernel(s). So, install the headers for all your installed kernels before installing the driver package:

pamac install $(pamac list --quiet --installed | grep "^linux[0-9]*[-rt]*$" | awk '{print $1"-headers"}' ORS=' ')

This will install the headers for all installed kernels.

If successful, you should be able to install it from the AUR with:

pamac build broadcom-wl-dkms

Hope this helps!

Edited to change the order of the instructions.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I will try it.

Thanks for this help! It fixed my old Asus X202E that I was trying to fix for my daughter :slight_smile:

1 Like