KDE taskbar icons are too small not system tray

Right is my system tray icons. Screenshot_20190127_213810

Right now is my taskbar icons. Screenshot_20190127_213859

And my system tray icon size is as same as my taskbar icons before add iconSize=2 at file ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc following KDE taskbar icons are too small

So how to set size for taskbar icons?

in the right corner there is a click area on it, a menu will appear, just select the height of the area and change the size either up or down

Thanks for your reply. Yes, height more higher, icon size more larger.

But I want to keep panel height freeze and enlarge the icon. Cause I could do it by change iconSize in file ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc, so I want to know whether also a way to freeze panel height enlarge taskbar size.

Do you want say it?–>

Does it work for you? I set it to 64. But not work…

Yes it does for me , Try do a cleaning of your .kde4 ( delete it, log out log in)

Glad to hear that!!! But how to clean .kde4? Does it mean some file with postfix of .kde4? Would you give tell where I can find the instructions?

Read this post

➜  .kde4 pwd    
/home/roach/.kde4
➜  .kde4 ls
➜  .kde4 

OK, thanks. Just wanna ask you that should I remove the dir .kde4 directly? lol

Yes remove it first do a backup called .kdeold for exempel

Will try now.

If it is not enough you can delete this too after a backup (ofc):

remove this file: plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
it is into folder .config /

Thanks again. Saddly it not work for me. I don’t know why, maybe my panel vertical margin is too small.

If you high panel is 48 px and you sizoicon > 48 pix it is not going to work, (icons size <= panels size)

Yes, maybe. But don’t know why the system tray could big than taskbar icon, as the screenshot imag I posted shows.

Did you check max numer of rader into the graphic componet of taskbar with only icons?

What do you mean max numer of rader?

As you can see, the size of taskbar icon and system tray icon is same, but if I add iconSize=2 to .config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc the system tray icons can be more larger.

Hi, may I ask you one more thing? Do you know how to get this effect that has a blue line under current application like this?

Screenshot_20190127_225812

I’m using Breeze. I can’t find how to set to get the effect, or the effect is come from the theme that guy use?

It come from the own theme, yes and it is weird :). I will try to look for icon issue i am looking a bit into the file plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc.

If i find something i will say you.

1 Like

Appreciate it!!

Forum kindly sponsored by