KDE - profile picture is broken

Hi there, I’m using KDE Plasma 5 and my profile picture is completely broken.

Here is a video of what I’m talking about: https://youtu.be/Ggvn1tPsamI

I have tried moving the .profile etc to the correct locations/linking them but nothing I’ve tried seems to have worked. Anybody have any ideas how to fix this, apart from reinstalling?

It’s not a huge deal, I just like having that feature. Makes my system feel more personal.

From Users, select a new image as icon, log out and back in.
Do not use the User Accounts to change images for your user.

To see it also in SDDM before loging in, you have to run this commands from terminal:
setfacl -m u:sddm:x /home/yourusername
setfacl -m u:sddm:r /home/yourusername/.face.icon

You will then have in your home directory the
.face
.face.icon@
.icon@
hidden files, where those with @ in my example are symlinks to .face

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the advice. I have tried this, but my profile picture remains as the penguin on User Accounts and empty in the Launcher, Users did update however - it’s now a gamepad rather than a astronaut. My .face is the penguin, and when I log out the penguin is the picture but when locking it’s empty. Another other ideas? :slight_smile:

This need to show the same image, if not, then delete them and set the image again in Users. Images need to be .png or .jpg and not .face file when you select it in settings.

I’ve got it working now: the image just needed to be resized to 256 x 256. Thanks for you help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.