KDE plasma toolbar broken

Hi, I upgraded and rebooted the Manjaro to find my toolbar was missing. I tried to find solutions on this and other forums. However, I’m still stuck. Here is some information that may come handy:

This is my first post on forum, kindly bear with me, if there are any missing details.

killall plasmashell
➜ ~
[1] + 4868 terminated plasmashell
➜ ~ kstart5 plasmashell
Omitting both --window and --windowclass arguments is not recommended
➜ ~ kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1
Cyclic dependency detected between “file/usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml” and “file/usr/lib/qt/qml/org/k
de/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml”
qt.svg: :406:376: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :407:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :408:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :408:393: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :409:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :410:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :411:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :412:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :413:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :413:379: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: :413:631: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
trying to show an empty dialog
file/usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property “height”
file/usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property “height”
kf.coreaddons: KDirWatch: “/usr/share/wallpapers/Breath2” is a directory. Use addDir!
kf.coreaddons: KDirWatch: “/usr/share/wallpapers/Next” is a directory. Use addDir!
kf.coreaddons: KDirWatch: “/usr/share/backgrounds” is a directory. Use addDir!
Plasma Shell startup completed

Use backticks ``` for pasting stuff.

╰─ plasmashell --replace                                                                                                ─╯
kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1
file:///home/ben/.local/share/plasma/wallpapers/com.github.zren.inactiveblur/contents/ui/ImageBaseMain.qml:61: TypeError: Value is null and could not be converted to an object
file:///home/ben/.local/share/plasma/wallpapers/com.github.zren.inactiveblur/contents/ui/WindowModel.qml:24:3: Unable to assign [undefined] to QRect
Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml" and "file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml"
qt.svg: <input>:406:376: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:407:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:408:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:408:393: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:409:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:410:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:411:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:412:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:413:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:413:379: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:413:631: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
trying to show an empty dialog
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detectedfor property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detectedfor property "height"
Plasma Shell startup completed
file:///home/ben/.local/share/plasma/wallpapers/com.github.zren.inactiveblur/contents/ui/WindowModel.qml:24:3: Unable to assign [undefined] to QRect
Error: cannot change the containment to AppletsLayout
file:///home/ben/.local/share/plasma/wallpapers/com.github.zren.inactiveblur/contents/ui/BlurredWallpaper.qml:17:5: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///usr/share/wallpapers/Next/

Some common errors…
However, I don’t know what you mean by ‘toolbar was missing’.
Do you mean your panel?
Can you see a wallpaper? Right click and try to select ‘add panel’
Can you create a test user and get a default desktop? This would mean it’s an error in your /home directory and config files (most likely).

1 Like

This is an error completely on my end. Selecting ‘add panel’ default worked. Also, I’ll keep in mind to add backticks if I find new issues. Thank you. :pray: Closing the post.

1 Like

Hi @auspicrypt, and welcome!

I’m presuming by “toolbar” you mean what is called in Windows the “taskbar”. If so, you should know that in Linux, so KDE, Gnome and others, it’s called a panel. And it can hold many things.

Like a menu (Application launcher), a clock, and/or a system tray. These are called widgets, and they are customizable.

If it dissapeared, open “System settings” and look in the appearance section. Enable and customize your panels to heart’s content.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.