KDE Plasma stuck at loading screen after update

Hello,

after I´ve searched for over an hour now not finding anything helpful, I´ll try my luck here now.

After an update over pamac today (big update, many packages ~2,1 GB) I rebooted the machine and now the desktop doesn´t load anymore. It always gets stuck at the loading screen with the manjaro logo and the bar filled about 50%. Switching to CLI (Strg+Alt+F2) works and backswitching brings me a black screen with the movable mouse.

I´ve already updated the mirrors and made another update (pacman -Suu) which updated 14 packages, so I think something went wrong during the update, but nothing helps.

(Switching to another Kernel or to initramfs doesn´t help)

My System:
Kernel: 5.10.18
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
MB: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
GPU: GTX 1080 with driver nvidia-460xx (in mhwd it shows only as “video-nvidia”)

I hope somebody can help me here

Mine did the same thing. In my case it was because I was previously using kwin-lowlatency which I built from aur. All I can suggest is to make sure you’re definitely using the stock kwin 5.21 from Manjaro.

1 Like

My god was this obvious :man_facepalming: :joy:

Thank you very much, I could kiss you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the offer, but it’s probably best to maintain social distancing for the time being :rofl:

Seriously, glad to hear it worked.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.