Kde panels and windows use different resolution than desktop.

Hello. After I installed Nvidia 390 via mhwd I noticed that KDE settings did not have my display resolution so I had to set it manually via https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Did_X.server_recognise_your_monitor_correctly%3F After that I can choose right resolution (1920 x 1080) but I noticed when I open any Kde panel or window it looks bigger and I think uses different resolution than my desktop, plus my cursor becomes bigger when I move it to any Kde window.
P.s. Is it right that xdpyinfo | grep -B2 resolution shows:

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1920x1080 pixels (345x194 millimeters)
  resolution:    141x141 dots per inch

Multi monitor?

No. I have this problem with my laptop. This is first time I have such problems after installation of Proprietary Nvidia drivers I think may be I messed with some mhwd configs.

Does any one know, what configs uses/creates MHWD when switching free -> proprietary driver and how could I revert all settings and configs to free driver without re installation of whole system?

have you checked the systemsettings->display if the scaling factor is changed ?

2 Likes

Thank you it fixed the problem. But still pretty strange that setting it to 125 % made windows smaller. Is not it need to be otherwise? Further increasing scale past 125% makes windows more bigger.

Hello Neviz,
I'm happy that it was this "simple" thing that drove me also nuts as i'm using prime. It seems that this global scaling function is still in work and a lot of people had similar issues. Maybe once in a while it will work as expected. I hope you can enjoy your weekend although these are rough times for all of us.

Forum kindly sponsored by