KDE no mic input

I was looking online and I do not see anything that seemed to directly fix my issue. I have a Corsair Void PRO Wireless headset that has both audio and a mic input. I have run the alsa-info.sh command and here is the output http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=2129d5a8d4316f17b8fbdca520ce8f442b7706e6 . I have also run arecord -l and got the following output

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 2: ALC892 Alt Analog [ALC892 Alt Analog]
card 2: Gamin [Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gamin], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

When running pacmd list-cards I get the following

index: 1
        name: <alsa_card.usb-Corsair_Corsair_VOID_PRO_Wireless_Gaming_Headset-00>
        driver: <module-alsa-card.c>
        owner module: 7
        properties:
                alsa.card = "2"
                alsa.card_name = "Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gamin"
                alsa.long_card_name = "Corsair Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gamin at usb-0000:29:00.3-1, full speed"
                alsa.driver_name = "snd_usb_audio"
                device.bus_path = "pci-0000:29:00.3-usb-0:1:1.0"
                sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:08.1/0000:29:00.3/usb5/5-1/5-1:1.0/sound/card2"
                udev.id = "usb-Corsair_Corsair_VOID_PRO_Wireless_Gaming_Headset-00"
                device.bus = "usb"
                device.vendor.id = "1b1c"
                device.vendor.name = "Corsair"
                device.product.id = "0a1a"
                device.product.name = "Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset"
                device.serial = "Corsair_Corsair_VOID_PRO_Wireless_Gaming_Headset"
                device.form_factor = "headset"
                device.string = "2"
                device.description = "Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset"
                module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
                device.icon_name = "audio-headset-usb"
                device.intended_roles = "phone"
        profiles:
                input:mono-fallback: Mono Input (priority 1, available: unknown)
                output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (priority 6500, available: unknown)
                output:analog-stereo+input:mono-fallback: Analog Stereo Output + Mono Input (priority 6501, available: unknown)
                output:iec958-stereo: Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output (priority 5500, available: unknown)
                output:iec958-stereo+input:mono-fallback: Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output + Mono Input (priority 5501, available: unknown)
                output:iec958-ac3-surround-51: Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) Output (priority 300, available: unknown)
                output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:mono-fallback: Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) Output + Mono Input (priority 301, available: unknown)
                off: Off (priority 0, available: unknown)
        active profile: <output:analog-stereo>
        sinks:
                alsa_output.usb-Corsair_Corsair_VOID_PRO_Wireless_Gaming_Headset-00.analog-stereo/#0: Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset Analog Stereo
        sources:
                alsa_output.usb-Corsair_Corsair_VOID_PRO_Wireless_Gaming_Headset-00.analog-stereo.monitor/#0: Monitor of Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset Analog Stereo
        ports:
                analog-input-headset-mic: Headset Microphone (priority 8800, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)
                        properties:
                                device.icon_name = "audio-input-microphone"
                analog-output: Analog Output (priority 9900, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)
                        properties:

iec958-stereo-output: Digital Output (S/PDIF) (priority 0, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)
                        properties:

I have left out some of the input for the other cards that I have because really the only thing that I am worried about is the mic and sound from that headset. I am using kernel 5.15.16-1 and I can tell you that the input was working as of today.

This image is of my audio settings from KDE and lastly I can see that the driver “snd_usb_audio” does show to be loaded. I have run an lsmod | grep -i "snd_usb_audio and got the following output.

snd_usb_audio         385024  1
snd_usbmidi_lib        45056  1 snd_usb_audio
mc                     65536  1 snd_usb_audio
snd_hwdep              16384  2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm               163840  5 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
snd                   126976  20 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_usb_audio,snd_usbmidi_lib,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi

If you have any ideas on how to fix this I would be very grateful

PulseAudio data shows the profile for the USB headset is set to output only

active profile: <output:analog-stereo>

I suggest you either change the Profile in GUI settings to Analog Stereo Output + Mono Input to use output to headphones & input from microphone

or use this command to change Profile

pacmd set-card-profile alsa_card.usb-Corsair_Corsair_VOID_PRO_Wireless_Gaming_Headset-00 output:analog-stereo+input:mono-fallback

To check if USB microphone is available in PulseAudio

pactl list sources short
1 Like

@nikgnomic Thank you so much. That did fix the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.