[closed] Kde Manjaro wont boot anymore after latest update; requests for kernel to be loaded first?

Just now, did the latest update on Kde Manjaro and afterwards my Kde Manjaro wont boot up any longer, requesting for the kernel to be loaded first.

Blockquote
error: file ‘/boot/vmlinuz-5.8-x86_64’ not found
error: you need to load the kernel first
Blockquote

I already feared troubles ahead, when I got a warning message after the update that all sorts of stuff (kernel related) had already been installed and would now be replaced.

Blockquote
Warning: linux510: /boot/linux510-x86_64.kver already existed in filesystem
It has been backed up to /boot/linux510-x86_64.kver.old
Warning: linux510: /usr/lib/modules/5.10.2-2-MANJARO/build/vmlinux already existed in filesystem
It has been backed up to /usr/lib/modules/5.10.2-2-MANJARO/build/vmlinux.old
Warning: linux510: /usr/lib/modules/5.10.2-2-MANJARO/extramodules already existed in filesystem
It has been backed up to /usr/lib/modules/5.10.2-2-MANJARO/extramodules.old
Blockquote

Fortunately I have a Xfce Manjaro install on another partition as well, (from which I am typing now), but I dont dare apply the new update in Xfce any longer after my misfortune in Kde with the same update…

Any other users experiencing the same kind of problem? Any ideas what the problem might be…?

Check if this tutorial helps you:

I have found similar problems online after a google search, but all the solutions related to terminal commands are above my paygrade. I am gonna have a good night sleep and try to do a brand new install tomorrow, see if that will make that darn linux kernel 5.10 work. Otherwise I will try and stay at kernel 5.9 which was working well for me before… to be continued…

I did a brand new Live ISO install from my usb stick of Kde Manjaro and everything is working fine now. I did get a warning about Nividia after the latest update, but it didnt crash my system. Good luck to all the others coping with boot and kernel and driver issues.