Meeting wxwidgets and wxwidgets-common requirements is suddenly complicated

Has something happened with how wxwidgets is being provided upstream?

Packages like p7zip-gui, wxedid and electricsheep are not building from the AUR because they need either wxwidgets or wxwidgets-common.

When I try and meet the requirements suddenly pamac is trying to replace packages from the Extra and Community repos with ones from the AUR.

Is this because Arch have changed how wxwidgets is being provided? If so, will this just get resolved when Manjaro catches up to Arch?

For example, if I build wxedid I get:

pamac build wxedid                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Preparing...
Cloning wxedid build files...
Generating wxedid information...
Checking wxedid dependencies...
Checking wxwidgets-gtk3-light dependencies...
Checking wxwidgets-common-light dependencies...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing wxgtk3 breaks dependency 'wxgtk3>=3.0' required by veracrypt

If I build p7zip-gui:

pamac build p7zip-gui                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Preparing...
Cloning p7zip-gui build files...
Generating p7zip-gui information...
Checking p7zip-gui dependencies...
Checking wxwidgets-gtk3-light dependencies...
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing wxgtk3 breaks dependency 'wxgtk3>=3.0' required by veracrypt

If I try to build electricsheep:

pamac build electricsheep                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Preparing...
Cloning electricsheep build files...
Generating electricsheep information...
Checking electricsheep dependencies...

To build (2):
  wxwidgets-common-light  3.2.0-2                                              AUR
  electricsheep           3.0.2-8    (3.0.2-7)                                 AUR
To remove (1):
  wxgtk-common            3.0.5.1-3  (Conflicts With: wxwidgets-common-light)  extra

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Yes.

Yes.

Since AUR targets Arch Users and Manjaro does not support AUR, you can’t do that much. Since the new packages are in Testing and Unstable you can switch to these branches. Or simply don’t use the AUR until the stable branch catches up.

This wxwidget thing has been broken. They just updated it to 3.2 (4.1.1 for python-wxpython), and the package has been renamed from wxgtk-common to wxwidget-common, wxwidget-gtk, and wxwidget-qt. However, those packages are not pushed to the stable repo yet so I suggest you hold on or use the wxgtk-dev and python-wxpython-dev in AUR for the moment.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! It explained everything and was very useful!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.