KDE Display Configuration will not remember after reboot

I have an Acer laptop (old-ish). This problem only occurs with Manjaro KDE. It does not happen with Kubuntu or KDE Neon. So, here goes:

I installed Manjaro KDE yesterday. I have an HDMI monitor attached and set up as my primary monitor. The laptop monitor is secondary and off to my right.

When I reboot, the laptop monitor is the primary (with the primary wallpaper), and the HDMI monitor is showing as the secondary (with the secondary wallpaper).

I’ll go into Display Configuration, and the panel shows that the HDMI monitor is listed as the primary though it clearly is not. I can click on the laptop monitor, and it does not show as being the primary monitor. However, if I make the laptop monitor the primary and apply, then go back to the HDMI and re-select it as my Primary, everything goes right back to where I want it.

I have a built in Intel Graphics chip, and absolutely no other distribution or desktop environment has this issue. Not Gnome, Xfce, ElementaryOS, Deepin, etc.

I’ve looked here and DDG’d myself crazy over this, and there are links showing other people having this problem with KDE in the past, but I can’t find a solution. Anyone ever run into this problem and know how to fix it? I greatly appreciate the help.

TIA

FWIW, here is my xrandr report:

LVDS1 connected 1600x900+1920+180 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 380mm x 210mm
HDMI1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 520mm x 290mm

I have the exact same issue.
After rampaging through the internet for a solution, no light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of people have the same issue…

@HastyGoatfish Sorry to hear that you and others are having the same problem, but in a way I’m glad it’s not just me. Maybe there’s a fix in the works. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s really weird this is the only DE that I’ve had problems with. Other than that, Manjaro w/KDE is really nice!

Hey, sorry if this is a bit late, but I had the same problem a few days ago when I removed an “orphaned” package called kded. Didn’t seem like it should be related at first, yet when I reinstalled the package, my settings were saving fine again.

I have no idea if that’s your culprit though, as I just swapped to linux like a week ago.

Don’t have experience with these particular distributions. Do they have a “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-monitor.conf” file or similar. I’ve never been able to get KDE display setup without it.

What’s the output of inxi -G on those particular distributions, compared to Manjaro?

Unfortunately, I don’t have those other distros installed right now. I wish I would have thought to get that information.