Kate Errors in terminal + errors finding/saving files

Hi, this is a 3 day old new install but whenever I use kate in the terminal I am getting these types of errors…

" kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so” "Failed to extract plugin meta data from ‘/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so’
"
kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so” “Failed to extract plugin meta data from ‘/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so’”
kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so” "Failed to extract plugin meta data from ‘/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so’
"kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so” “Failed to extract plugin meta data from ‘/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so’” >

In this case, I was attempting to open /ect/default/grub … Some files I manage to open, but on saving Kate is unable to save then freezes.

I’m running out of patient with manjora kde. There are so many glitches that I’m seriously wondering if it worth sticking with.

Question is: how to I resolve this issue and/or is it possible to replace this editor?

I’m unable to reproduce the issue: kate opens /etc/default/grub just fine and when trying to save invokes polkit to ask for elevated permissions.
There are no errors logged either :man_shrugging:

Your reply would only be sensible or relevant if you were here attempting use kate on MY computer.

You are not able to reproduce these errors because there is an issue with the plugins with MY install on MY computer, not yours.

I also have zero issues with permissions.

I’m not asking if anyone is having this issue. My questions are: how do I resolve this issue and/or is it possible to replace this editor?

Check, if the problem is reproducible on a new user.

Sure, you can install/use any editor you like.