Just installed Manjaro, already managed to screw stuff up!

After installing Manjaro, i decided to install Yet Another Yogurt, for AUR packages. I followed the steps in the github and did sudo pacman -S --needed git base-devel, but after everything finishing, i CANNOT Use pacman (or sudo) anymore. at all. I reinstalled Manjaro once already, believing it was something else i’d done, but no, alas it’s something in base-devel.

Last time this happened to me, i restarted and got a kernel panic (something related to killing init). I’ve tried to reinstall OpenSSL as that was causing the error here (from what i saw) but also, to no avail.
Another question: How do i post logs?? I can’t embed media OR post links, so i am clueless.

Any help is appreciated! <3

Edit: The output is pretty short, so i’ll post it here on second thought.

[sin@Manjarsin ~]$ sudo
sudo: error in /etc/sudo.conf, line 0 while loading plugin "sudoers_policy"
sudo: unable to load /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sudo: fatal error, unable to load plugins

I’ve already read a few forum posts on this problem, but the only real answer i found is chrooting, which seems a bit daunting. As i said before i feel like if i shut off the computer or restart, it’ll be another kernel panic.

Why don’t you search manjaro repo first? It’s all there.

It’s not. It’s something weird you are doing.

Same way as you posted formatted lines at the end:

Update your system. This is a partial upgrade.

My guess: you issued pacman -Sy and then happily installed individual packages.

I installed Manjaro, then I booted into Manjaro, installed base-devel which was needed for yay, and pacman isn’t working. How do i update my system without the use of pacman?

And I’m telling you, that you don’t need to compile yay. And even if you did all of that, if you did it properly, then pacman would still be working.

From live usb (it will still be pacman though).
At this point it would be faster to just reinstall.

And do some reading before you start copy pasting commands in terminal.
Doing things in linux is 95% of reading things and 5% of doing things. But somehow new users who know better do it the other way around.

1 Like

Why, using pamac of course. Pamac also makes any other package management system kind of redundant. Update the system with:

pamac upgrade

Wishful thinking. :smiley:

More info: