Just Installed bspwm and would like to see if i have the correct drivers and updates please

Just Installed bspwm and would like to see if i have the correct drivers and updates please

i am very new to bspwm but it is very interesting to learn

but i have a few problems

1 no desktop icons
2 my amd radeon 5800 drivers
3 every time i leave the desktop it logs out automaticly and i have steam downloading in the back
is there a way to stop the log out so i can finish my game download ?

thank u

Hi!
WM usually don’t have desktop icons, just a panel call “bar”. it doesn’t work like othe panel or dock.
Amd drivers are installed be default, so don’t worry about that.
You need to config power-manager to fix the log out problem, i didn’t know about bspwm but in mostly wm spins of manjaro, you have to have a conky with the keybinding, launch a menu and search for it.
If it you firs time with a wm, I recommend to search some info about how them work and how use them

1 Like

Ok Thank u

but what does conky has to do with it ?

just asking because i haven’t heard this before

but i will try it out

Hi!
Nothing, just it have all keybindings, so is easier use like a cheat sheet in case you don’t remember them

1 Like

Use super + F1 for keybingings cheat sheet

There are power settings set at login in either ~/. profile or ~/.config/bspwm/autostart

Apologize for the fuzzy info, I am away from my device.

2 Likes

thank u what should i look for @

and every time i boot i have this xdu-su update but it wont update
how to fix this please ?

is there a way to take screen shot ?

thanks

That PKG was demoted to aur recently.
sudo pacman -R xdg-su to remove.

There is not a screenshot utility installed by default. Most everyone has varying personal preferences on them so you’re free to install which ever you like. I’m basic and use what I’ve used forever plus will be gtk, xfce4-screenshooter. I’ve noticed flameshot is often recommended too.

1 Like

thank you

yes i tried flame shot immediately after install did not work

i am trying to install amd redean package that is a tar.gz and tar.xz but i dont know how to install them can u help ?

thanks

I would personally advise man pacman to understand more about how to interact with pkgs

1 Like

thank u

i switched to XFC