Jitsi Flatpak App - I need some help

I’ve begun using Jitsi for video conferencing and have downloaded the flatpak application. Anyone who uses Jitsi knows that you used to be able to launch a meeting without having to log into anything. This is no longer the case. If you use the Jitsi server, you must now authenticate with Google (or a few other services) in order to moderate a call.

When I use Jitsi in my browser, I’m able to log into my throwaway Google account just fine. The problem I’m having is when I try to use the Jitsi flatpak app. When you launch a new meeting, you get a popup stating you either need to wait or log into an account (as is the case on the web). But when I click the button to log in, no window appears which would allow me to authenticate.

Anyone out there have any ideas? The only thing I’ve been able to find online is that this may have something to do with a missing XDG session portal?

Your profile says you’re using Xfce. You should already have xdg-desktop-portal-gtk installed.

I just installed the Jitsi Meet Flatpak and clicking the login button opened a page in my browser prompting me to sign in with a few web accounts. That would only require xdg-open provided by xdg-utils which you should already have installed as well.

xdg-desktop-portal-gtk and xdg-utils are both installed on my system.

Might this somehow be related to Xdg-desktop-portal upgrade breaks GTK apps - #4 by Aragorn

Okay, I did a bit more digging, including running from the command line to see if anything cropped. Up. I started the flatpak app and clicked “log in” and this error was thrown:

Failed to call portal: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such interface ?org.freedesktop.portal.OpenURI? on object at path /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop

Does this help diagnose my problem?

Why don’t you use another server with no need to authenticate?