Touchpad stops working after folding and opening laptop

Hello, i’m completly new to manjaro as i installed the kde plasma version 3 days ago. Everything is working fine except that the touchpad stops working after i fold and open the screen. The only way to get it working again seems to be restarting the computer.
Thanks in advance.

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.81.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.34-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics
Memory: 7.2 Gibyte of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD RENOIR

I don’t have a proper answer but a workaround is to enable the “touchpad widget” (not sure what it is called), in the bottom right corner of screen, right click on the “up arrow” and in the entries enable it to always show, it should allow to enable and disable the touchpad. From this widget configure it to add a shortcut to enable/disable touchpad (for example CTRL+K).

It seems to work, thank you!

nevermind it seems to have been a fluke.

Did you try what I suggested? Enable the touchpad widget, and configure a shortcut in the widget settings to enable or disable the touchpad with the shortcut when needed.

I dont know if we are using the widget but mine does not even recognize that there is a touchpad after closing and opening the lid. After a restart the shortcut works fine to toggle the touchpad however after closing and opening the lid it thinks my computer does not have a touchpad. Its not only the widget. If i go to systems settings > input devices > touchpad everything is just greyed out and says i dont have a touchpad. until restart ofc.

Then back to the basics: How to provide good information

I reinstalled manjaro kde but this time i booted with proprietary drivers. It completly solved it! I dont know if it was the reinstall or the new drivers but it works now. Thanks anyways!