Japanese Input (fcitx-mozc) Not Working

I have installed fcitx-mozc, fcitx-gtk2/3, and fcitx-configtool from the package manager, and also fcitx-qt4 from AUR. I've followed the guides from Google on how to install it, but all of my input is in English. I'm using Manjaro GNOME Stable with modifications to use my 5700 XT. Clicking any of the dropdown menus in the tray menu flashes a small bar and then disappears, which means clicking the Mozc Tool menu brings up nothing. I can configure my keyboard layout, but the only Japanese layout that works is kana input, which I don't know.

Any ideas on how to get it working properly?

What guide[s] did you follow exactly?

If you were to do things manually you probably only need this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Localization/Japanese

But really, you probably need to use the locale and language settings in manjaro settings manager.

There are also multiple threads already in the forum:

I tried the guide from Installing Japanese Input Method and Fonts, the guide from here (changing kana input for romaji input), and tried adding

export XMODIFIERS=@im=fcitx
export GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx
export QT_IM_MODULE=fcitx

to .profile, with the same (minus export) in .xprofile and tried it in .pam_environment as well. I have the localization added in Manjaro Settings, and Mozc is added as an input method in fcitx. Also, don't know if this is related, but if clicking things in the virtual keyboard is supposed to type, it doesn't.

I ended up removing fcitx-mozc and installing ibus-mozc. Built-in toggling still doesn't work, but I wrote the following bash script and bound it to Super+C

#!/bin/bash
TOGGLE=$HOME/ime

if [ ! -e $TOGGLE ]
then
	touch $TOGGLE
	ibus engine mozc-jp
else
	rm $TOGGLE
	ibus engine xkb:us::eng
fi

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by